Covid 19 or the Coronavirus
Covid 19 or the Coronavirus is a virus transmitted through respiratory droplets. As its spread is seen globally, there are many questions that our patients have been asking us and we are addressing these below. Our mission is to support all vascular patients and their concerns about their Vascular disease and the Corona virus.
What is now becoming clear is that the virus can spread when you have “NO” or “MINIMAL” symptoms. So even if you have such symptoms, remember, others can be infected by you even at this time. This is why we need to continue with the “social distancing” and hand washing precautions.
Dr. Amit Kumar is a vascular surgeon, trained at the Cleveland Clinic, USA. He has been practicing in the UAE for the past 11 years. Over this time he has worked in Abu Dhabi – at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, as well as in Dubai where he is currently working at Emirates Hospital, Jumeirah.
The team at Vascular.ae consists of:
- Dr. Amit Kumar – Consultant – Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon
- Ms. Neena Bobben – Lymphedema / Lipedema specialist
- Nurse Nielsen Diaz – Peripheral Vascular Lab (PVR) specialist
The scope of service includes:
- Dedicated vascular lab with TcPO2 and specialised vascular ultrasound
- Carotid disease and stroke prevention
- Aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Dialysis – catheter and fistula creation and monitoring
- Varicose veins – RFA, EVLT and Venaseal. Sclerotherapy
- Wound care – Diabetic feet with or without gangrene
- Peripheral vascular disease – Diagnosis and management – Endovascular and open procedures
- Pelvic congestion with Ovarian vein embolisation
- AVM and Hemangioma treatment
- Lymphedema and Lipedema