State-of-art procedure at Vascular.ae
Perforators are the bridges connecting the highways (superficial veins) with the main roads (deep veins). In the past, these were treated with large open surgeries. However with the advent of minimally invasive, percutaneous procedures – Endovenous perforator ablation these have led to a significant improvement in healthcare delivery for patients who have significant leg swelling or venous ulcers in the feet, who have had their superficial insufficiency already treated.
Having done the largest number of such cases in the Middle – East, successfully, we have found that for the appropriate patient, this latest technology can lead to dramatic improvement.
Dr. Amit Kumar is a vascular surgeon, trained at the Cleveland Clinic, USA. He has been practicing in the UAE for the past 11 years. Over this time he has worked in Abu Dhabi – at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, as well as in Dubai where he is currently working at Emirates Hospital, Jumeirah.
The team at Vascular.ae consists of:
- Dr. Amit Kumar – Consultant – Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon
- Ms. Neena Bobben – Lymphedema / Lipedema specialist
- Nurse Nielsen Diaz – Peripheral Vascular Lab (PVR) specialist
The scope of service includes:
- Dedicated vascular lab with TcPO2 and specialised vascular ultrasound
- Carotid disease and stroke prevention
- Aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Dialysis – catheter and fistula creation and monitoring
- Varicose veins – RFA, EVLT and Venaseal. Sclerotherapy
- Wound care – Diabetic feet with or without gangrene
- Peripheral vascular disease – Diagnosis and management – Endovascular and open procedures
- Pelvic congestion with Ovarian vein embolisation
- AVM and Hemangioma treatment
- Lymphedema and Lipedema